UP TO 65,000 ESB & NIE CUSTOMERS WITH NO POWER NATIONWIDE THIS MORNING AS STORM ALI HITS HARD
Up to 65,000 ESB & NIE customers have lost power in this morning as storm Ali batters Ireland with power not expected to be restored in some areas until the afternoon
As the strongest winds from storm Ali push up the west and northwest coast over this morning Further outage will also be possible across the rest of Ireland this morning and over the early afternoon a number of outage could also occur in the east.
Extreme caution is advised around Atlantic coastal county’s in particular of Clare, Connacht and west / north Ulster There will be severe or possibly damaging gusts for a time in the morning especially in the west and northwest which could lead to.
- Flying debris is likely and could lead to Injuries or danger to life.
- Probably some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs or damage through falling trees and branches breaking.
- Longer journey times and cancellations likely, as road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected.
- Power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage.
- Some roads and bridges likely to close.
- Large waves could affect coastal roads, sea fronts and properties.
ESB Networks crews are working to restore power to 55,000 impacted by Storm Ali latest info here :https://t.co/95lC5aRexL Never approach fallen wires or damaged electricity network. Please report any damage to electricity infrastructure immediately by calling 1850 372 999 pic.twitter.com/3zTn6aS3E4— ESB Networks (@ESBNetworks) September 19, 2018
Kenneth from the Donegal Weather Channel